Wednesday, March 12, 2014

One short and simple reason why women will never have the Priesthood in this life.

Long time no post.  Unlike many people out there, I rarely blog unless I really want to get something out.  And this time, I do. 




I have a lot of female friends who have left the church.  Many of them left over feeling oppressed, or just depressed.  I have listened to them, sympathized with them, and even agreed with them on many issues.  Most of the time, I keep my feelings to myself.  Like the undying dislike I have for the Scouting program, and my opinion that the church should not call people to positions in scouting, but that private citizens should volunteer if they so desire, and leave those of us who disagree out of it.  But I digress.....
For those of you out there who are pushing to get the Priesthood as female members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I say this.  Sorry, but it ain't gonna happen. 

Or Sis, as the case might be. 

Here's why.  We all know the Sunday school answers on why women do not have the priesthood.  "Because men and women have different but equal roles....blah blah blah."  But what people don't seem to realize is that it is because of some of these "innate" differences that women will never be priesthood bearers in this life.  What differences?  I know you are gearing up to argue, so let's figure this out.  You know the song "Anything you can do I can do better?"  Well, that isn't exactly true.  Men are just better at some things than women are. 

I am not one of those women who try to seem cool by talking down other women and holding men up.  I try to look at things evenly, and if I had to choose a superior being, I'd probably choose women.  (Sorry bros.... thems the breaks).  But I will allow for women not being as naturally good at things as men, and vise versa.  I'm not saying that women won't become perfected in their weaknesses eventually, but I think it will be a while before women can "deal" with aspects of the priesthood that men can. 

Ladies, have you ever gossiped?  No?  Never?  I don't believe you.  And neither will anyone else when you hold the position of ward clerk, and let it slip that "so and so was in the bishop's office, but NOT for a temple recommend."  And disaster strikes.  Okay, you might not do this, but heaven knows another woman would.  And sure, some men might do this as well, but I've never met one.  You know why?  THEY DON'T CARE!!  Men are great at not caring.  They mind their own business exceptionally well.  This can sometimes be a bad thing, but for the most part, it is an asset.  As women, we care.  We arguably care too much about people's business.  This is both a strength and a weakness, and until as a whole we learn to reign it in, we will never be in positions to hold the priesthood.  And that, my friends, is one SIMPLE reason that women will never hold the priesthood.  So lets use all that energy to do something like change the world!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment